1. Our Products:
a) Descriptions and photography
The products we sell are either photographed or digitally produced and are accurately displayed on the website, however, due to different types, styles and settings of computer monitors shading and colour may appear differently to the exact colour. Due to this we strongly advise that you request a free sample before placing your order to ensure that you are happy with the colour and also quality before ordering. Whilst every attempt will be made by Happy Doors to ensure that the goods sold and delivered match in every respect any sample or description shown or sent to you, any minor or immaterial variation, change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
Many of the goods we sell are made according to your sizes. It is your responsibility to take the correct measurements of your doors. If you are unsure about any products or how to measure please call our customer services team for help before ordering or consult the online measuring guide. You must check the product details and measurements of the goods before placing your order online or by phone and are responsible for checking the order. We cannot accept returns or refund the money if you have given us incorrect measurements as we will not be able to resell the goods as they are made to measure.
c) Made to measure products
Made to measure products are custom made to your precise requirements. Once made our products are suitable only to you and therefore cannot be cancelled or returned. Because of this it is extremely important that you are sure about the product that you want and also the size you require. We strongly recommend that you double check your order to ensure that the products ordered and measurements taken are correct. This does not affect your statutory rights.
d) Happy Care
- If you have paid for Happy Care on your order you will be covered for mismeasurements up to a tolerance of 25mm for doors and 10mm for hinge holes. I.e. if you order a 576mm wide door and it needed to be 596 wides, you are covered and a free of charge replacement will be sent.
- We will arrange for any mis measured door to be collected if replacements are sent, this will be at our own expense
- If you have mis measured a door, you need to email a picture of the unit it is meant for with a tape measure across the width and Hight along with the measurements so we can ensure the replacement is the correct size.
- Cost difference, all replacements are free of charge, however if you go up to the next size costing you will be charged the difference as you would have originally been charged had you have ordered it correctly. We are unable to refund any cost difference that goes the other way.
- Refunds are not available for Happy Care once the order has been placed, even if you have not needed it due to ordering the correct sizes.
- Replacements can take up to 21 working days from notification to delivery. The Company shall do all it reasonably can to meet any date given for delivery of the Goods but will not be liable for delay however caused, nor loss, costs or damage suffered by the Buyer through any such delay. Time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
- Happy Care does not cover any damage to doors during transit.
- Happy Care does not cover any accidental damage to doors in any circumstance.
2. Order processing and our contract:
a) Order cancellation or amendments
When ordering your goods you are agreeing to a legal binding contract. According to Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, made to measure goods, e.g. custom sized kitchen doors are excluded from this legislation and the 7 day cancellation rights do not apply.
b) Ordering by telephone
We are unable to take orders over the telephone.
The price you will pay is the price shown at the checkout and on your confirmation email, these prices are inclusive of VAT and the total price shown is the price you will pay. On receipt of your confirmation email check to ensure you are completely happy with the price of the goods ordered.
When ordering products from the Happy Doors website we can only process your order when the goods ordered have been paid for in full by credit or debit card. You can pay on-line with all major credit cards, debit cards and PayPal. Your payment card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time of order. You will be charged for items at the point of order. Our liability to you in connection with any order will not exceed the total price charged for the relevant items.
We have the right to cancel your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to make and deliver the goods ordered.
- If you have ordered from an island or country where we do not deliver.
- The goods ordered unbeknown to us have been discontinued.
- A pricing error or typing error has occurred due to system failure within our database or website.
If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you as soon as possible. No discounts or compensation can be offered under these unforeseen circumstances.
6. Delivery of your goods
- The Company shall do all it reasonably can to meet any date given for delivery of the Goods but will not be liable for delay however caused, nor loss, costs or damage suffered by the Buyer through any such delay. Time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
- The Goods shall be delivered to the place of delivery agreed between the Company and the Buyer and detailed within the Contract.
- The Buyer will do all that is reasonably possible to enable the delivery to take place on the agreed date. In the case of unforeseen circumstances the Buyer shall contact the Company and agree to an alternate date.
- If the Buyer in not available to accept delivery of the Goods the Company or its agent will hold the goods in storage. The Company or its agent will attempt to contact the Buyer to make an alternate delivery date. An additional delivery charge to the Buyer will be made to cover re delivery and storage costs.
- It is the Buyers responsibility to ensure that access is available to the property and that at least one able person is available to assist with the offloading of large orders. Deliveries will be made to ground floor only.
- The Buyer's order may be received in more than one delivery
- All Goods must be visually inspected; any damage to packing materials must be signed for as damaged and notified to the driver, even if the driver advises you cannot do this you must sign it as damaged. If Goods are received with packing materials or crates these are non returnable and are the Buyers responsibility for disposal as appropriate. Damaged deliveries must be reported to Happy Doors by email within 24 hours with photographs, otherwise replacements will be chargeable.
- Where goods are replaced due to damage in transit or manufacturing fault, replacement will be subject to standard delivery lead times, the Company shall make all reasonable endeavours to reduce this lead time but shall not be liable for any damage, additional labour costs or loss suffered by the Buyer through any delay in obtaining such replacements.
7. Product Defects
If the goods are delivered with any defects they need reporting within 24 Hours from delivery in order to organise a free replacement.
Please email photo's of the defects along with a description. The replacements will be sent within 10-12 working days if made to measure, and we will usually allow you to fit the defective door so you are not without one if needed.
Happy Doors offer 6 Year manufacturers guarantee on manufacturing faults on all made to measure doors. Happy doors offer a 12 month manufacturers guarantee on all accessories & painted wooden doors. We reserve the right to either replace or repair the product and it may be necessary to return the goods to us for inspection prior to a replacement product being despatched. This does not affect your statutory rights.
These Product Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. If any of these Product Terms is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Product Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will never pass your details on to any third party without your express permission. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- phone number
- email address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.